Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Life as a Single Parent

One of the biggest things I have learned since becoming a new mother, is how hard it would be to be a single parent! I am so lucky to have the most amazing husband who really pulls more than his own weight and I also have an extremely supportive family, both on my side and my husband's side. We also have some great friends as well that have really supported us as new parents. Basically, I could not do this all on my own and I am so lucky/glad that I do not have to. However...today Justin leaves for Vegas for 3 nights! I have been mentally preparing for this for a few days now and have had a little anxiety over it, but it is here now, so I just have to deal. It is especially hard for me because I really depend on Justin for a lot. Justin puts Everly to bed every night and he takes her to the babysitter every day. He also cooks 95% of the time. (At this point, you are probably asking yourself if I do anything at all!) My sister is on spring break this week so she is helping with the sitter drop off as well as helping me out in swim class Thursday night. Last night, Justin gave me some instructions on how to use his new grill. Friday night I will probably hang out with my sisters as well as on Saturday until Justin gets back. Hopefully keeping busy will make these next few days go by fast. I know we will be fine, but we sure will miss Justin while he is gone!

I printed out this picture this morning and snuck it in Justin's suitcase as a little surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...