Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dining with Dad v.02

I had a real hankering for some fried rice the other night. We have tried to make it before but for some reason, it wasn't one of those dishes we kept going back to. So, since it had been out of the rotation for quite some time, I felt it was time to try it again. 

It's a really easy dish to make, the hardest part is the preparation. Once all of the chopping of vegetables and cooking the rice is done, it all comes together pretty quickly.

I started out with some fried rice essentials. Peas, carrots, green onion, egg, and garlic, I also added some ginger.


I grilled up some chicken that I marinated with soy sauce, lime, garlic, and some oil.


I threw the vegetables into the wok first to let them tenderize.


Then added the rice, egg and started mixing with soy sauce. We always use low sodium soy sauce.


The hounds stuck around to help out, in case something landed on the ground.  Who needs brooms?


Yes, your arm does get tired after mixing this up after a while.


But in the end you will end up with a tasty meal!



Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...