Thursday, October 18, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

Sunday we got up early and headed to downtown Phoenix for the 2012 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Justin and I have been doing this race since 2007. His mother passed away from breast cancer so it is very important to us. You can see pics from the run last year when Everly was only a few days old here.  I did not run it last year for obvious reasons, but was glad to be back at it this year. I ran with a good friend of mine who pushed me to drop almost 30 seconds off my per mile pace. It was hot though! The run did not start until 8:20 this year. I feel like that is much later than in previous years! I normally run at 5:00 A.M. so having the hot AZ sun beating down on me was rough. But I finished, and so did my sister who was running at 31 weeks pregnant with a 15 month old in a jogging stroller. Crazy, I know! Here are a few pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...