Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wold Down Syndrome Day 2014




Last Friday, 3/21/14, was World Down Syndrome Day. We celebrated my sweet nephew, Cameron, by attending a little party in the park hosted by the Down Syndrome Network of Arizona. We all had matching shirts and my sister and I each ran 3.21 miles that morning. Cameron's favorite part was probably the bounce house and the dancing. Teddy and Everly were mostly fighting over the popcorn (those two!). Personally, I am still learning a lot about Down Syndrome, but I can easily tell how awesome it is to be surrounded by other kids and parents that are in a similar situation as my sister and her family. Every child is different, but organizations like DS Network put on some pretty fantastic events and we are lucky that we get to tag along with my sister. Also, any extra day to celebrate Cam is a pretty awesome idea in my eyes! Here are some pictures from our night:
 
 
IMG_1494
IMG_1480IMG_1478

IMG_1487



IMG_0402
This picture is Kim's life every day. Teddy grabbing and yelling "uppa" and Everly tagging along.
 
IMG_0415
Family shot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...