Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pat's Run 2016

This past Saturday I completed my 8th Pat's Run benefitting the Pat Tillman Foundation. Justin had a trail run the next day so he did not sign up for the run this year. My little sister and her boyfriend were running as well but I drove by myself. I got up early and did a little foam rolling at home while my coffee was brewing. I made some peanut butter banana toast and ate it in the car on the way out to Tempe. I must have been on my A-game that morning because I got out there really quickly and early. I grabbed some free samples and promotional items before the race started so that I would be able to leave right after I finished. I luckily met up with my sister and her boyfriend right before the race started. My sister passed me around mile 1 and I stayed shortly behind her until mile 3 and then there were a lot of turns and I couldn't see her but I think knowing she was ahead of me was good for me because I ran a new PR. Last year (here) I finished in 34:40 and this year I did it in 33:36. I know that doesn't seem like a lot but it was hot and shaving a minute off is a big deal for me in only 4.2 miles. It was a little weird this year because normally you finish on the 42 yard line but Sun Devil Stadium is under construction so we finished outside but I was just happy with how fast I ran. Running has never come easy to me so the fact that I finished 37th out of over 2200 females aged 20-29 makes me pretty proud. Hopefully next year it is not so hot!
Untitled Untitled
0006 Untitled
Hard to see but Tyrann Mathieu from the AZ Cardinals speaking before the race.
Untitled
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Post-race choco milk!
 
0007 0050
Katy's race pics
Untitled
official results
Untitled
so many people still running as I walked back to my car. Over 20,000 people out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...