Monday, May 16, 2016

AmeriCan Beer Festival

On Saturday my sister and brother-in-law offered to watch the girls so Justin and I could go to a beer festival in Scottsdale to celebrate his sister's birthday. I skipped the beer fest we usually go to in February because it was the day before my marathon so I was pretty excited to go to this one. The festival was at the Scottsdale Civic Center park which was nice because they had a lot of shade. My sister in law was staying at a nearby hotel so we met her there and walked into the festival. It was a hot quarter-mile walk but like I said, once we got in there was lots of shade. I have learned a lot of tips and tricks over the years as we have started going to beer festivals and I think this was one of my best ones yet. First off, don't drink a beer if you don't like it. I used to always drink everything and now if I am not feeling something, I dump it. I have never run out of tickets/punches on my card, ever. Also, eat! Eating before is obvious, but I also recommend eating during. Those pretzel necklaces aren't just cute, they are important in not getting totally messed up. After the festival was over we went to Lolo's chicken and waffles because it was literally a parking lot away from the hotel. I had never been there before and it really hit the spot. I am not a huge fried chicken person and that skin on the chicken was so crispy and delicious. Although I personally like my waffles a little sturdier, this was basically like a pancake/waffle hybrid with a ton of syrup and butter so it was delicious. We also ordered a biscuit with gravy to share and it was delicious. We were painfully full after but I am so glad we went and had a lot of fun.
Untitled
walking to the festival (hot)
Untitled Untitled
The left is the can they poured the samples in and the right is the water they provided. I thought it was a prank when I first saw it, haha. It is weird drinking water from a can.
Untitled
He may have passed out for 20 minutes in the hotel, but no one I would rather beer fest with.
Untitled Untitled

Untitled
taking a break in the shade
 
Untitled Untitled
Carly obviously drank the Kool-Aid.
Untitled
I'm just going to stare at this picture all day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...