Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Everly's Pumpkin Investigation

Last Friday I had the day off from work and volunteered in Everly's classroom. They were having a pumpkin investigation in the morning and a party in the afternoon. I couldn't manage both with Aspen but thanks to my sister's help, I was able to volunteer in the morning. Everly loves having me in class and I love seeing her learn. Her class worked in groups to investigate and measure a pumpkin before we eventually cut it open and took out the seeds. Then we added the seeds to some soil with water and they are hanging out in the sun to see if the seeds sprout. It was a lot of fun but also a good reminder that I would never be a good teacher. Kids all day every day is exhausting. At one point three different kids raised their hand to tell the teacher it was lunch time. As the kids headed to lunch Everly started crying and it was so sad. She didn't want me to leave and it was so sweet. I am so glad I was able to take some time and see her work in her class!
Untitled
pumpkin investigation
 
Untitled Untitled Untitled
 
Untitled
hanging up the pumpkin seeds in soil
 
Untitled
watching videos about the pumpkin life cy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...