Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend in Review

This past weekend went by fast! I actually left work early on Friday for a dentist and PT appointment and then met my family for dinner at Café Rio. It was my first time and I thought it was delicious. I had a salad with black beans and grilled chicken and that creamy tomatillo dressing was amazing. I only used a little of it and saved the rest and had it with a salad on Sunday. Everly was spoiled with Cold Stone by my sister and was drinking up every last drop of ice cream. My mom asked if I do that and of course, the answer was no, because my ice cream never has time to melt, haha. That grilled chicken salad was the perfect pre-run meal for my 20-miler Saturday morning. It still looks weird for me to even type that. I ran 20 freaking miles...and didn't die. It was the last long run of our marathon training and it feels so good to be done. I don't regret deciding to train for a marathon, but you definitely have to be willing to give up a lot of time. By the time I got home and took an ice bath and showered, I just wanted to take a nap, haha. Don't worry, I did, just after a little shopping. I knew I wanted pizza after that run so we had pizza at my sister's house Saturday night followed by Culver's because I freaking ran 20 miles. Treat yo self! On Sunday morning we had bagels with my sisters before I headed out to my soccer game. I was sore but I think it helped to get out and run because I feel pretty good today. On Sunday evening we made spaghetti (squash) and meatballs and my sister-in law came over. It was good but after dinner I was just done and ready to sleep. Too bad we had a crazy windy storm and it woke me up several times throughout the night. There might need to be an afternoon espresso in my future!
Untitled Untitled
 
Untitled
a selfie during our pee/stretch break at mile 12.
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
These two!
Untitled Untitled
Ice cream and bagels with Cam...my favorite things!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illumination AZ

Monday night we went to Illumination AZ  up off of the 17 and Jomax. It is the first year for this event so it was new to us. We went after ...