Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend in Review

This past weekend went by fast! I actually left work early on Friday for a dentist and PT appointment and then met my family for dinner at Café Rio. It was my first time and I thought it was delicious. I had a salad with black beans and grilled chicken and that creamy tomatillo dressing was amazing. I only used a little of it and saved the rest and had it with a salad on Sunday. Everly was spoiled with Cold Stone by my sister and was drinking up every last drop of ice cream. My mom asked if I do that and of course, the answer was no, because my ice cream never has time to melt, haha. That grilled chicken salad was the perfect pre-run meal for my 20-miler Saturday morning. It still looks weird for me to even type that. I ran 20 freaking miles...and didn't die. It was the last long run of our marathon training and it feels so good to be done. I don't regret deciding to train for a marathon, but you definitely have to be willing to give up a lot of time. By the time I got home and took an ice bath and showered, I just wanted to take a nap, haha. Don't worry, I did, just after a little shopping. I knew I wanted pizza after that run so we had pizza at my sister's house Saturday night followed by Culver's because I freaking ran 20 miles. Treat yo self! On Sunday morning we had bagels with my sisters before I headed out to my soccer game. I was sore but I think it helped to get out and run because I feel pretty good today. On Sunday evening we made spaghetti (squash) and meatballs and my sister-in law came over. It was good but after dinner I was just done and ready to sleep. Too bad we had a crazy windy storm and it woke me up several times throughout the night. There might need to be an afternoon espresso in my future!
Untitled Untitled
 
Untitled
a selfie during our pee/stretch break at mile 12.
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
These two!
Untitled Untitled
Ice cream and bagels with Cam...my favorite things!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...