Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Marathon Training Update

I thought I would take some time to post about the status of my marathon training as I am nearing the end. I have just under three weeks until race day and only one more long training run this weekend (20 miles). I'm not going to lie, it's hard. Running this many miles is new to me and its definitely catching up to me. Our run this weekend will be over 3 hours long. I am starting to have some IT band issues but am working on keeping my legs strong at the gym, stretching, foam rolling, and even added in some dry needling this week. There is no doubt it my mind that I can do it, but I can definitely see more know what it would be like to hit that wall. I haven't really hit it yet, but I know on race day, I will hit it. Thankfully, I have a running partner and hopefully we can talk each other through those walls. One of the upsides to running this much is all of the food I get to eat! So much food! I am already looking forward to my bagel and coffee after I run Saturday. This whole process has been kind of surreal for me. Sometimes when I am running I still can't believe that I am actually doing this. My parents weren't runners and my sister's weren't interested in running a full marathon with me. Running has never come "easy" to me and especially post-pregnancy so I am really proud of myself for working towards this goal. I am definitely dreaming about how awesome it is going to be to cross that finish line in a couple of weeks!
Untitled
Pre 18-miler
Untitled
Electrolytes and stretching around 11 miles
Untitled
Things got a little ugly at the end but the views were pretty
Untitled
Justin and the girls waiting for me to finish
Untitled
the girls with me while I stretched
Untitled
Ev thought my ice-bath pain was funny. She brought me a Barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...