Monday, January 4, 2016

So this is the New Year!

Hope everyone had a safe New Years. I am not really ready to be back at work with a full week ahead but such is life (thankfully I get MLK day off in 2 weeks). It was fun to have my carpool buddy back with me again this morning. She did pretty good too considered she has been off from preschool for 2 weeks. She was excited to pick out what to put in her lunch so I am like, hey, whatever you want! I think we were in bed by 10:30 on New Years Eve. I'm not even sad about it. I like to sleep. The kids had fun and when I brought Everly into school this morning she was telling her teachers all about  the balloons that my sister had for the kids on our fake "midnight." There is a little video below of the night which included kids games, scrabble for adults, sparkling grape juice, and some little firework snappers. On New Years morning I slept in until 7 AM !!! We took the girls to the zoo in the morning, put away Christmas decorations, and then went bowling at night. I can't believe the holidays are already over! I ate too much but had a lot of fun and hope the girls did too.
Untitled Untitled
Mae approved of the sparkling grape juice and lots of New Years swag.
Untitled Untitled
Papa and Aspen and scrabble. I killed it in scrabble but then Alex killed everyone in bowling the next day so its all fair.
 
The NYE video:
 
Untitled Untitled
sleeping baby fox and the carousel Aspen was not into
Untitled
baboon eating a corn on the cob
 
Untitled
The mantle has been de-christmasified but I have a new lantern and picture of the girls so I am happy.

Untitled UntitledUntitled
toddler bowling shoes are the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...