Monday, June 27, 2016

Friday Zoo Trip

Last Friday I was off work so I met my sister and brother-in-law with the kids at the zoo. We are all members so we get in early and currently the zoo opens at 7 so that means we can get in at 6 AM! I know that sounds crazy early but it just gets so insanely hot so we really need to take advantage of those early hours. We picked up iced coffee and donuts and got to the zoo at about 6:10. We basically throw the kids in the car in their jammies and let them eat breakfast in the car and get them dressed at the zoo. We also pack swimsuits for the splash pad because in my opinion it is the best splash pad in the state. Aspen was a little difficult as she would rather walk or be carried vs. being in the stroller but everyone had a blast at the splash pad. Well except maybe Nora because it is no fun nursing in the heat but what can you do? We got to see the bears swimming in their pool which I have never seen before so that was kind of neat. We were done with the zoo by like 8:45 AM which is funny because I was looking up zoo hours for when we go to New York next week and they don't even open until 10:00 a.m. We are excited to see polar bears and penguins at the Seneca Park Zoo because we don't have those here for obvious reasons. We will be back at the Phoenix Zoo for the Winter in July event next month! We had a lot of fun at this event last year (here) and so we are excited to go back, plus its free!
Untitled
a bunch of goofs
Untitled Untitled
oh mae!
Untitled Untitled
 
Untitled
all 6 babies in a picture!
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Thanks to Florida, alligators scare the crap out of me.
Untitled Untitled
these girls melt me
Untitled Untitled
these two rocked the splash pad
Untitled
the many faces of Nora
Untitled
this is the point where I realized Ev had her bathing suit on backwards the whole time...oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...