Friday, October 14, 2016

Weekend in Review: Columbus Day Weekend

Justin and I both had 3 day weekends for Columbus Day weekend. His was Fri-Sun and mine was Sat-Mon. It was a nice way to ease back into work after vacation by having a 3-day weekend. I also have one this weekend too and we have lots planned! Last Saturday Everly had another soccer game. It was pretty hot again unfortunately and we did not get the shady field. She did okay but was obviously worn out and took a two hour nap later that day. On Sunday we decided to take the girls to the zoo. No one else was able to meet us there but we still had a lot of fun. We took the girls down to the Children's Trail to go on the playground and see the petting zoo area. We also got to see the new jaguar exhibit that we didn't even know existed. It was pretty cool and they were actually feeding one of the jaguars a rabbit at the time. The weather was pretty nice in the morning, although it got much warmer later in the day when I had my soccer game. On Monday, Everly had school so I had some along time with Aspen after we dropped her off. I decided to take her to the train park in Scottsdale. It was busy because I think a lot of students had it off but we still had a lot of fun. Aspen did great and the hardest part of the day was getting her to leave. I even got her to ride on the carousel without crying for the first time. It is kind of a fast carousel, too, so I was surprised at how well she did. I love my girl dates with Everly but it is also so nice to get this one on one time with Aspen.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Lego butterfly and up close with a cow
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Playground and the new jaguar exhibit
 
Untitled
Live animal show!
Untitled
 

Untitled
not cold enough for a jacket but she insisted.
Here is a little video of Aspen and I at the train park!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...