Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Death Cab for Cutie in Vegas

Friday night Justin and I dropped off Aspen and Everly at daycare and Kindergarten and then headed out to Vegas for the night. I know, it sounds kind of silly to go to Vegas for just one night but we were going for a concert Friday night and the hotel prices were a little high that weekend (spring break, march madness, St.Patrick's Day) so that is why we decided not to extend it. I am also going back to Vegas for a soccer tournament in a few weeks so I will be fine. Vegas is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from our house so it really is not that bad. We got in and picked up lunch from Café Zupas and then headed to our hotel. The best rates we could fine at a decent hotel on the strip was at Mandalay Bay so that is where we were staying. I was worried about it being too far from the Cosmopolitan where the concert was located but it was a $7 lyft so not too bad. Also, there was an outdoor mall 5 minutes from Mandalay Bay where I had an appointment at Sephora to get my makeup done so that was convenient too. I had never stayed at Mandalay before and was really impressed with the rooms. They were big and very nice. We had some trouble checking in (room key didn't work) so they gave us a $50 dining credit. After we finally got checked in we changed, grabbed beers and headed to the pool. I was worried about it being crazy packed but it wasn't bad. We snuck our own beers to the pool because I am cheap and laid out for a little while before I had to get my makeup done. I was really surprised how many kids were at the pool. The last place I want to take my kids to is Vegas. They might think it is cool but what fun is that for us? Before the concert, we had reservations for dinner at Jose Andres' restaurant China Poblano in the Cosmopolitan. It was soooo good. One of those meals you just keep thinking about after. We headed into the concert after and the opener was finishing up. The Chelsea is a really nice venue. I really wouldn't expect anything else because the Cosmopolitan is amazing. The show was sooo good. I got to hear the songs I really wanted to hear including Cath, What Sarah Said and No Room in Frame. It was a great night and I am so glad we went. The next morning we headed over to Delano (the additional tower at Mandalay Bay) for breakfast at Della's Kitchen before leaving. It was really good and definitely held us over for the ride home. We got home in time to make it to Everly's soccer game and then take her to see Beauty in the Beast that night.
Untitled
BYOB
Untitled
perfect weather
 
Untitled Untitled
Chandelier Bar
Untitled

 Untitled Untitled
Justin's noodles and our chips and salsa and my salt-air margarita. That foam was like pure salt. Also not pictured, the most amazing brussel sprouts ever.
Untitled Untitled
Chinese BBQ Pork steamed buns
Untitled Untitled
Loved The Chelsea
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled
Great night!
Untitled
Everyone was all "she's so cute!" Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...