Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Moving, Moving, Moving

I have not posted recently because we have been busy with the move into our new house. We closed on May 15th. That weekend we spent almost the whole weekend painting thankfully with a lot of help from my family. We pretty much painted the entire upstairs along with the half bathroom downstairs. Painting is exhausting, haha. My hand hurt so bad that Monday after. We have also had a pool fence installed to keep the babies safe and replaced the old pool filter. Saturday was the big move day. We probably could have been more prepared, but it is just hard to manage living in a house while also needing to pack it up. We still need to clean up a lot at both houses, but we are mostly done. On Saturday we rented a truck and two of my brother in laws helped a ton along with my mom and sisters (one of the many reasons why I am grateful to live by family). On Sunday we spent most of the day unpacking things (while Wi-Fi got set up, yay!) and setting things up and made another trip back to the old house to get more stuff left behind. I went grocery shopping and we had our first dinner in the new house. It was nice to have a little bit of normal amid the chaos of moving. On Monday I went out for a run in the new neighborhood because although moving is physically exhausting, I needed a workout to feel good about myself and start off the day right. I only got just over a mile in before I found an old beagle sitting in some muddy water all by himself. I have lost a dog before (a beagle, too) so I couldn't just leave him. He didn't really warm up to me at first, but I caught up to him and an old couple that was walking let me use their phone to call my husband to come pick us up as the dog had no tags. I immediately posted an ad on craigslist for a found dog. My husband was in the middle of installing a doggy door so once he was done he took the beagle to Petsmart to see if he was chipped, which he wasn't. No shelter's were open because of the holiday so we figured we would just wait the day out and see how it went. He was not hungry or hurt and he got along well with our dogs. He was actually really sweet. Around 4 p.m. I got a response from the ad and we met up with the owner to bring him his dog. I am glad that it worked out because although he was good, we cannot handle another dog! Everly was asking us about the dog this morning. It was cute. Since Everly didn't get to do as much normal fun stuff this weekend, I wanted to take her to a splashpad which we did on Monday afternoon. I will post about that later but here are some moving related pictures...

The new pool fence from Arizona Childproofers

She would just point out at the pool and say, "You see it?" Thankfully her Auntie Tyss took her in.

She did not sleep so well her first night. She was exhausted the next day.
He has shocked us with how well he transitioned. He did not do as well from our apartment into the last house.

So happy her bed was "fixed"
Making marble cupcakes in the new kitchen!
First family dinner in the new house (Cumin Chicken Recipe).
Bruiser the beagle, our 1-day houseguest
Husband's first successful DIY in the new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...