Thursday, May 15, 2014

Zoo Day

On Saturday Justin had the day off from work and other than a morning hike, I had no other plans so we decided to make it a zoo morning. Usually my sister comes too with the boys because she is also a member but since she had to work we decided to take my oldest nephew Cam (Teddy was sick so he went to the doctor and stayed home with my brother-in-law). I know it sounds totally lame but I really like taking the kids to the zoo. I seriously feel like we have a different experience every time. For example, one time we went we saw the lions fighting with each other and growling and another time we got to throw food into the elephant enclosure. The Phoenix Zoo is really big as well so we never see everything in one trip anyways. Now that it is warm the splash pad is back open and we all know how much the kids love that. This trip the tiger was not out when we walked by but one of the employees said it would be right out so we checked out the lazy lion and then went back to the tiger to see it eating which I have never seen before. Everly couldn't really tell but it was eating some kind of mashed up meat--kind of gross, but also really cool. That day we also got to see the zebras who have a stream in their enclosure. Everly asked if we could put a boat in it...haha. We also got up close with the baboons and orangutans. We saw hippos, giraffes, camels, an elephant, birds and heard the monkeys fighting several times while at the splashpad. It was a great morning and I got some really cute pictures. We fed the kids lunch before eating and both of them fell asleep on the ride home...success!!!

IMG_2479
Giraffes in the background.
IMG_0917
Free dutch brothers made the morning even better!
IMG_0918
I have no idea what prompted this face, but I love it.
IMG_0924
Meat for breakfast
IMG_0928
Love her cheesy smile!
IMG_2485
Talking with their monkey buddy.
IMG_2487
She is kind of learning what stripes are.
IMG_0931
Still obsessed with carousels.
IMG_0932
All I see is belly!
IMG_0933
Masters of the carouselfie!
IMG_0940
Elephant in the background.
IMG_0941
Telling us the monkeys are stinky.
IMG_0943
Right before they started giggling and chasing each other around.
IMG_0954
IMG_2509
IMG_2533
As Everly says now at the end of stories...The End. Also, I love how even as they sleep, she is still so girly and he is 100% boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...