Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pat's Run 2014

Last Saturday I completed my 6th Pat's Run! It is a 4.2 mile run that ends on the 42 yard line of ASU's Sun Devil Stadium in honor of Pat Tillman and it benefits his foundation. It's probably one of my favorite runs. I didn't post about it last year, but last year I ran my fastest time ever. The year before, I had run my worst time ever. It was still fun and you can read about that race here. While I did not run my best this year, I was 21 weeks pregnant and I am pretty happy to say that it was also not my worst time. I ran at a 9:30 pace and I feel like I could have done a little better if I didn't feel like I had to pee the whole time, but that kind of comes with the pregnancy I guess. It's really kind of crazy to me that I ran better at 21 weeks pregnant this year than at 7 months post partum with Everly two years ago. I have obviously made a lot of changes and I hope to continue to maintain those. I was joined at the run by Justin, his sister Stephanie, my littlest sister, and my brother in law Doug. We were also lucky that my mom and sister helped with Everly so that we could both run. My sister is recovering from knee surgery and although she still could have run faster than me, she stayed with me the whole time and we crossed the finish line together which was pretty cool. Everly got popcorn in the kids area after the race so she was happy. When we were walking back to the car she kept saying, "this is so fun!" Haha! I don't have a ton of pictures as I don't run with my phone on shorter runs anymore but I did steal some race photo proofs so enjoy!

patsrun1 - Copy
The 3 Larkins finishers!
 
patsrun5
He had some good race photos...for once!
 
patsrun3 - Copy
He didn't run once in April, and still ran well...men!
patsrun4 - Copy
It was her first Pat's run and she killed it!
patsrun2 - Copy
Me and the sister. I don't even really look pregnant.
IMG_2195[1]
 
IMG_2184[1]
Popcorn freak. It wasn't even 9:00 AM yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...