Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Washington, D.C., Part 1

Last week I was fortunate enough to spend a few days in Washington D.C. for the second time this year. Earlier this year I went to D.C. for the first time ever (here) for a training and last week I want for the advanced version of the same training on grant financial management with the Department of Justice. On the first night I got in I took a train to Baltimore to see my cousins. It was really fun to see them and catch up with them and I am so glad I was able to go. The hotel I stayed at was really cool and was a former post office dating back to 1839. It was really cool to see how they remodeled it and the location was great. After training my first day I headed to the Smithsonian American Art Museum which was really awesome. It was literally right outside my hotel, free, and open until 7p.m. I really liked the Civil War section as well as the special Babe Ruth exhibit. After walking around for a while I headed over to my favorite pizza place, &pizza. It's so good! The next morning I got up early for a 7 mile run around the Capitol, Supreme Court and National Mall. As much as there are lots of hills and stoplights in the city, D.C. is a really cool city to run in. It was also not nearly as cold as I thought it was going to be. All of the monuments are little up at night so running is a really great way for me to see more of D.C. on such a short trip.
 
Untitled Untitled
Sweetgreen is so good!
Untitled
The Kimpton Monaco is so cute!
Untitled Untitled
stroll drooling over this pizza

Untitled
yay for free museums!
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
 
Untitled
There was a lot of construction around the white house so I couldn't get as good of a shot but still cool to run by there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...