Thursday, June 30, 2011

Everly's Baptism

Yesterday we had a meeting with the director at our parish regarding Everly's baptism. Although Justin is not Catholic, I was raised Catholic, and we were married in the Catholic Church, and therefore, Everly will be baptised Catholic. Next month we will be taking a class to prepare for the baptism and the actual baptism will take place the last Sunday in October during mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church.



Everly will only be a few weeks old. The plan is for her to wear the Norris family baptism outfit. The outfit is about 90 years old and was originally worn by my mother's uncle, Father John. After him, my grandfather Nick Norris wore it. Then, all 6 of his children wore it, including my mother. Myself, and my 3 sisters also wore the same outfit. My mother's uncle, who originally wore the outfit, was a Catholic Priest and actually baptised my mother and all of her siblings as well as myself and all of my siblings. Although he has passed away, it will be very special to have Everly wear his outfit. 

Everly will have 3 godparents. One will be announced later, because we haven't formally asked that person yet! The other two will be my sister-in-law Carly Dinslage and her husband Mark. We are very close to them and are so happy they accepted our request to be her godparents.

There are a lot of different feelings I have gone through while being pregnant but I have really not felt much of that pressure/nervousness that we are actually going to be parents! That is until now. Planning Everly's baptism really makes me feel like a parent and I hope I end up being a good one!

1 comment:

  1. You two will make great parents! And don't let anyone say you are spoiling Everly by holding her all of the time...She will only be tiny for a short period.

    And the Lord said "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make desciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...