Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pregnancy Updates

So yesterday I had a doctor's appointment at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and I must say it was pretty annoying! First of all, I must start with the fact that I am pretty much over the whole pregnancy thing. I want our little girl to be here! I am uncomfortable and large and I'm just ready. So, it did not help yesterday that I had to wait for an hour to get into my appointment because the doctor was running behind. I get that he delivers babies and that they don't exactly come on schedule, but the office staff should have given me a heads up instead of letting me sit in the lobby fuming. So, I shouldn't really be surprised that my blood pressure was slightly higher once I got back into the exam room. Because of that, I now have to go in for another checkup on Monday. I am not too worried about my blood pressure, because I think that it was just high because I was mad for having to wait for so long, but we will see how it goes on Monday. As far as my labor progress is going...well, there really isn't much progess. She has not dropped yet, and I am barely 1cm dilated. I'm trying not to get too bummed about that though, because I know that it can change from one day to the next.
This Saturday I will be 38 weeks pregnant and the goal is to make sure our hospital bags are packed (probably should already have been done). We are also switching hospitals from where we originally planned on delivering at so we are going to tour the new hospital this weekend (also probably should already have been done). We are changing for a few reasons. The main reason is that the old hospital (Scottsdale Shea)won't induce me until 41 weeks pregnant and I just can't wait that long! Also, the new hospital (Paradise Valley) is a good 15-20 minutes closer to our house. It is also right next to my doctor's office. Last, if our daughter is born at Paradise Valley Hospital, her birth certificate will say Phoenix, AZ instead of Scottsdale, AZ and we like that better too! We probably should have just picked that hospital first, but better late than never!

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...