Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter 2015

We had a great time celebrating Easter last weekend with family. It is always a little extra special too when it is a baby's first holiday! We started the celebrations Friday night with egg painting and pizza because it was also my brother-in-law's birthday Saturday. My sister and I painted some cute character eggs that turned out pretty good and of course the kids had fun. Once again, a Rohr boy knocked over a cup of dye, but that was pretty much Grandma's fault! Haha! On Sunday morning we went to 7 AM mass followed by breakfast at my sister's. We had French toast, sausage, and eggs and it was delicious. We also managed to get some good family pictures while we were all dressed up still and the kids one turned out so cute! The kids opened their Easter baskets (swim/summer themed) and did their little Easter Egg hunt in the backyard and other than Everly falling right at the beginning of it, it went pretty well. My sister did a good job of filling all of the eggs with toys from other egg hunts we had just been too instead of candy. Justin, Aspen, and I went home and did some errands while Ev stayed at my sisters. We decided it was not worth the fight trying to get her to leave. We headed back for Easter dinner which included our staples, Ham, rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, jello (ew!) and asparagus. It was very yummy. After dinner we had the adult Easter egg hunt which is competitive and hilarious. I didn't win the most eggs, but apparently I picked the right eggs because I got 3 $5 Starbuck's gift cards! I was happy about that! We ended the night with some French silk pie so I have no complaints. It was a great day and a great first Easter for Aspen!


IMG_5656

IMG_5718
The Larkins
 
IMG_5721
 
IMG_5730
cutie cousins!
IMG_5748
From Left to Right, The Rohrs, The Larkins, The Ciminos, and The Yancones
IMG_5760 IMG_5762 IMG_5758 IMG_5754
My sister put together a little Easter sensory bin for Aspen. She was happy, like she always is!
IMG_5750 IMG_5766 IMG_5768
IMG_5786
A little pre-dinner marshmallow painting.
 
IMG_5792
Cam took painting into his own hands...literally.
IMG_5799
This is a running event...haha.
IMG_5802
IMG_5806 IMG_5789
Happy 1st Easter, Aspen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...