Thursday, April 23, 2015

Saturday in Review

Last Saturday was the first Saturday in a while where we really didn't have anywhere to be or anywhere to go. We had some party prep and cleaning to get done around the house but there was not much else on our agenda and it was nice. I started the morning with an early hike with my sister Kim and friend Ashley. We were at the mountain (Piestewa Peak) at 5 A.M. so I am not exaggerating when I say early! We made it to the top in like 33 minutes too so it was a pretty quick hike. When I got back to my sister's house, my nephew was up and I decided to steal him and bring him to my house to play with Everly. They are for sure a handful but they love seeing each other. They get along and fight like brother and sister. It is cute and exhausting all rolled together. They did pretty good though and we even did a little painting craft. Justin got a lot of yard work done while the kids played outside and we made our first batch of cold-brew coffee at home to be served during the little party Sunday morning. I also made some chocolate chip pancake bites to dip in syrup for the party and those were super easy and yummy too. I didn't shower until like 5 o'clock but it was a really nice Saturday regardless!

IMG_6175 IMG_6177
 
IMG_6186
Starting the cold-brew. It sat for about 9 hours.
IMG_6179
3 cuties...and yes, they fought over the ride-on toys.
IMG_6189 IMG_6190
 
IMG_6196
They used a cork to make red dots and we turned the red dots into ladybugs after they dried.  
IMG_6210
Good thing Everly has 2 strollers.
IMG_6217 IMG_6222 IMG_6223 IMG_6225
IMG_6226
Both the cold brew and pancake bite recipes come from The Pioneer Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...