Monday, December 21, 2015

First Family Hike

Last Sunday Justin and I took the girls for our first family hike (as a family of four). We went once when Ev was 2 1/2 maybe but Justin wore her in a hiking pack so it didn't really count. This was the first time Everly did most of the hiking herself. I say most because Justin did carry her a little at the end. She was really excited to climb a mountain and wear her "hiking" clothes. She did some whining and it was probably a little bit longer than it needed to be, but I still think she did really well. We hiked in the Thunderbird Conservation Park on a trail that I had never been on before but it was a very easy trail. It would be a great running trail. It was fun because the bushes at the top were decorated with ornaments for Christmas so she really liked that. I wore Aspen on my back in the ErgoBaby carrier and she slept most of the time. That thing is so comfortable and it was super easy to hike with her. The weather was great too so we really couldn't ask for a better hike!

Untitled Untitled
Aspen on my bag and Justin teaching Ev to walk on the flat dirt instead of rocks.
Untitled
pretty views
Untitled
ornaments at the top
Untitled
me and my girls
Untitled
Dutch Bros ornament on one of the bushes
 
Untitled
can't wait to take her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...