Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Weekend in Review

We had a busy and productive weekend. It started early Saturday morning (shocker) with a long run for marathon training. This was my longest and farthest run yet, 14 miles. Thankfully I have an awesome training partner, otherwise I just don't know how I would continue to get up to do this! Saturday afternoon we celebrated my nephew Teddy's birthday at the train park. We love the train park and it was a beautiful winter day. Lots of people came out despite his birthday being so close to Christmas and we had lots of fun. Saturday night we went to my sister's for pizza after church and the kids made little gingerbread houses. In reality, the adults made gingerbread houses, because, let's be honest. Sunday morning we got up early and went to the Zoo. We got there for the early hour for members and it was awesome. We got to see the some really cool stuff before anyone was there including the new tiger exhibit. My sisters met us there and the kids had fun. After we got home we did some cleaning and gift wrapping before I met my sister for hot yoga. She needs to de stress and I thought it would be good for my muscles during marathon training so I am glad she agreed to go for a couple weeks with me. We had a nice Sunday night dinner that ended with a Cardinals win, so Justin was happy! Can't wait for Christmas!

Untitled
We had a beautiful sunrise and even saw lots of little headlamps from the hikers on Camelback Mountain.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled
First piƱata for us!
Untitled Untitled

Untitled
not feeling well but sooooo cute!
Untitled Untitled
Here is a quick little video from our zoo morning and more pictures below:

 
Untitled Untitled
Leave it to me to be early to the zoo but late for EVERYTHING else. Also, these girls love each other!
Untitled
early sunrise with the giraffes!
Untitled Untitled
Finally getting to see the new tiger exhibit!
Untitled
silly Everly
 
Untitled Untitled
two monkeys: baby Jiwa who is 3 days older than Aspen and Uncle Tony stealing Santa's presents.
Untitled Untitled
The zoo added gators recently and also reopened the elephant viewing area.
Untitled Untitled
two crazies and one tired/sick baby
Untitled Untitled
tractor rides
Untitled
auntie love
Untitled Untitled
presents wrapped that I can't wait for the girls to open in 3 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...