Wednesday, July 20, 2011

28 Week Appointment and Updates

Yesterday I had my 28 week OB appointment. This was the one where I had to have my glucose test. For those of you not aware of what that is (because I had no idea what it meant before I got pregnant) this test measures how well your body can handle sugar because it is possible to get gestational diabetes while you are pregnant. First, you have to drink this nasty sugary fruity drink. This was really hard for me because I don't even like gatorade or any juices like that. I prepared myself for the worst though, and I think that helped. I also plugged my nose while I drank it and I think that helped too. Here is a pic of the drink. I poured it into a cup and drank it in the car as I left work and headed to the doctor's office.



Once I got to the doctor's office they drew my blood. I don't have good veins and they had to draw it out of my hand....hate that! I should get the results before my next appointment. After they drew my blood I had my regular checkup. Everly's heart rate is good but my weight is not. Honestly, I haven't changed anything since last month when I was weighed, but my feet and hands have been swelling up a lot. My doctor said I am retaining a lot of water which causes the swelling and can make my weight gain look pretty high. Seriously my fingers and toes are like sausages and it is becoming more and more difficult to get my wedding rings on and off. All of the shoes I wear now leave imprints on my feet and you can barely see my ankle bones. It is not sexy :(. When my doctor measured me she also said I am measuring at 31 weeks. This could be because of the water retention as well, but just to be sure, next week I have to go in to get an ultrasound to check on Everly's size. I was excited because that means we get another chance to see our little girl! Yesterday I also had to get a shot of RhoGAM in my butt. I am not afraid of needles (I do have a tattoo) however, this shot burns when it goes in. Not fun, but I'm guessing an epidural will be worse! I needed this shot because my blood type is Rh Negative and when exposed to Rh Positive blood (potentially my babies) I can produce antibodies that will fight against it. I will also have to get this shot again after I deliver. Other than that, everything has been going well and I have been feeling fine. Really excited for my ultrasound next week!

p.s. Don't forget to vote for us! Click on the link below and then the cute little owl on the left. Thanks!

 
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...