Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dining with Dad v.01

Justin and I wanted to start a new series on the blog where he contributes and so this post will hopefully be the first of many. Since my husband pretty much does all of the cooking in the house we decided to call it Dining with Dad. We hope this series is a way for Justin to share things he has cooked or new restaurants he has tried and eventually will include making food for our little girl! Hope you enjoy!

p.s. at the end of the post, don't forget to click on the link to vote for us on Top Baby Blogs!


I have always had a big interest in food. I love trying new things and seeing how different things pair together. I was lucky enough to have parents that let me experiment with things on my own. There were many times that I made a lunch large enough for 5 people, just for myself, and discarded the rest. 

One of the first things I learned to make was doughnuts. Its a super simple recipe, basically taking the canned biscuits and poking a hole in them, frying them up, and covering them in a cinnamon/sugar mixture. I've told Kayleigh a bunch of times how I used to make the best doughnuts when I was a kid, and her only response was "why haven't you made them for me yet?".  This past weekend we finally had all of the ingredients to put it together and I was able to get up a little bit before her and surprise her with some fresh made doughnuts!  It had been years since I had made them so I was pretty much going off of memory so they weren't perfect, but in the end, we didn't have any leftovers. Here are some pics of the process of making them, they are really easy but just be careful around the hot oil.




YUM!! Try them, you wont be disappointed!











Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...