Monday, January 5, 2015

Hiking Camelback!

This weekend I hiked Camelback Mountain for my first time ever (about 1.2 miles and 1200 feet of elevation). I am going to be honest, I was pretty nervous. I still feel like I have a lot of work to go to be back to my fitness level pre-pregnancy so I was worried I would be holding back the girls I was hiking with. We went right when the trail opened at 6 AM and it was dark! Thankfully we all had headlamps. I think it actually helped that it was dark when I went because I couldn't be intimidated by what I saw ahead of me because I literally could not see what was ahead. I would not have even known where to go if it was alone. On the way down I was kind of shocked at how well I did on the way up now that I could see what I had climbed. I feel like I can push myself and do a lot better the next time I go, too. I feel like running and hiking are similar in that when you start you are questioning why you decided to do it, but when you finish you feel so awesome that you are already thinking about when you get to do it again! Thanks to my sister-in-law for letting me tag along!

IMG_3302
Me at the top! Thankfully Justin got a headlamp for Christmas because I have already used it twice this winter!
IMG_3310
We were treated to some free Kind Bars at the end of the hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...