Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ragnar 2015

This past Friday and Saturday I did the craziest physical activity I have ever done. I ran a Ragnar Relay! If you don't know what that is, to sum it up, it is a 12 person 200-ish mile relay. In AZ, the Ragnar Del Sol course ended up being 206 miles and went from Wickenburg to Mesa. My sister-in-law put together an awesome team that was split up into 2 vans. My van included my husband, brother-in-law, and 3 girls that I play soccer with. Looking back on it now, it was crazy! So much fun, but crazy. I learned a lot and definitely want to do one again despite the fact that it was exhausting. Physically, I didn't get hurt or have any unusual soreness. I was definitely less sore than I was with both of my half marathons, however, it took me a good 48 hours to recover from the lack of sleep. It wasn't even that long ago that I had a newborn baby, but this level of exhaustion was just insane. It didn't hit me until it was all over, probably due to adrenaline, but going to work Monday was haaaard! I just wanted to sleep more, haha. Specifially, I was runner 4 in Van 1 and so my legs were 6.5 miles, 6.8 miles, and 4.2 miles. I ended up running at around 11:00 a.m. on Friday (hot), 12:34 a.m. on Saturday morning, and then again at 10:51 AM on Sunday. My sister came out and ran my night run with me, which was an awesome boost! It made it more fun because it was super dark and a trail run which could have been lonely without her! I definitely missed my girls, but my mom and sisters visited us while Justin was running his 3rd leg so that was awesome. I am also nursing still too, so it will be nice to do this again and not have to worry about pumping. Overall, I had a lot of fun and we had a great group of people and I can't wait to do it all again! I have a ton of pics but here are some of my favorites!

Our group in Wickenburg early Friday morning!
Our decorated van. Team name: Scrambled Legs and Achin
IMG_4344 IMG_4366
Justin on his first run and me on mine.
My sister-in-law after her 13.5 mile leg! That was the longest of any legs and she earned a special medal for it!
My sister and I after the night run.
The ladies of Van 1
Justin being greeted by Everly on his 3rd leg.

Handing off after my last run which ended in Fountain Hills.

The last runner in Van 1 was greeted with a toilet paper finish!
Our Van waiting for Van 2 to finish.
Running to the finish line as a team!
Team Scrambled Legs and Achin. We finished 98 out of 212 teams in the mixed open group so not bad!

Post race beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...