Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Strong National Museum of Play

On our last morning in Rochester my sister and I took the kids to the children's museum in Rochester, The Strong. We were also lucky enough to meet up with a family friend from when we were younger who has 2 little girls, one of which is in between Everly and Teddy's ages so that was fun. I was really excited about this museum because they have a Sesame Street section which Aspen is very obsessed with and their play grocery store is a pretend "Wegman's" which we are obsessed with, haha. The museum was huge. Much bigger than the Phoenix Children's Museum. They had lots of different areas to play in as well as lots of old vintage toys on display. The grocery store was really cool because they actually checked out groceries and got a receipt. The kids had a lot of fun playing there and would have stayed for hours upon hours if we let them. Teddy would have played with the legos the entire time if we didn't pull him away. Everly and my friend's daughter Ellie liked playing with the pretend Vet area and it was so cute to watch them play together. Kids imaginations are funny! My sister has gone before but it was my first time and I am really glad we went. We had a 4 hour drive up to Lake George after going so it was a great way to wear out the kids.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
 
Untitled
Everly and Ellie at Sesame Street
 Untitled
I recently bought a Sesame Street episode for the plane ride and it was the one playing at the museum.
Untitled
this taxi was a hit.
Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
The picture on the right cracks me up with Aspen in the background.
Untitled
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled
 Untitled Untitled
Justin said he had one of those creepy looking dolls.
Untitled Untitled
Aspen got pissed when I wouldn't let her leave with that giant Elmo.


Untitled
Of course we had to get Abbott's again before leaving Rochester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...