Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Happy 21st Birthday Katy!

Almost 2 weeks ago my littlest sister, Katy, turned 21! She turned 21 only three days after I turned 30 so originally I thought it would be fun to celebrate together, possibly in Vegas, but then our family reunion was scheduled at the same time and since she is busy with her last year of college soccer about to start, we decided to do a staycation and go out in Scottsdale. Her actual 21st birthday was on a Wednesday so my siblings and I met my mom out for a quick weeknight drink which was actually really fun. We just went to Chili's and had a beer but someone did by her a shot which was funny. A few days later we checked in to the DoubleTree in Scottsdale for our night out. We hung out at the pool for a little bit before getting our makeup done at Sephora, which is basically my favorite place on Earth. I didn't have a super concrete plan but more a few spots I wanted to stop in at and it ended up being a really fun night. My sister-in-law joined us and my mom and older sister met us for dinner at Bottled Blonde. The pizza was actually really good there. A couple of my sister's friends also made it out along with her boyfriend. After Bottled Blonde we went to Whiskey Row for a little bit before checking out Maya. I thought Maya was supposed to be cool but it was super dead. We weren't there for very long and then ended the night at Dakota. It was packed but I think it was the most fun of all the places. It was pretty hot though and we were all sweaty by the end of the night. I forget that my sister has never gone out like this before so at the first place she went to the bathroom, she came out and was surprised that someone was "working" in the bathroom (the bathroom attendant). Haha. She had no idea these existed and what they do. So innocent! Even my sister's boyfriend didn't know that some girls have a job just to dance at clubs. Kids! Scottsdale is definitely no Vegas, but I had a lot of fun and now I really want to go to Vegas!

Untitled
The Yancone's
Untitled
shots!
Untitled Untitled
Mostly good experience at the DoubleTree
Untitled Untitled
Our room was right by the salt water pool and they allow you to bring your own drinks!
Untitled Untitled
Even Nora stopped by
Untitled Untitled
Kim and Katy and Alex and Katy
Untitled Untitled
Carly likes to party
Untitled
not a bad crew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...