Friday, August 12, 2016

Norris Family Reunion: 5k

On our last family reunion at Keuka Lake, a big portion of our family ran in a small local 5k and we were able to find another one not too far from Lake George while we were up there. We ran in the Friends of Wilton Rec Parkfest 5k. I believe there were a total of 85 runners and our family reunion represented 22 of them, haha. That doesn't include the kids race, too. We lucked out and didn't get rain during the run and it wasn't overly humid. It was a fun little route through a very nice neighborhood in Saratoga Springs, NY. My cousin was the 2nd fastest female and her boyfriend was the 5th fastest male. I was happy to finish 17 seconds behind my 21 year old college soccer playing sister and before both of my much faster sisters (when they haven't just had a baby). Justin ran really fast too which is annoying because he is not nearly as consistent with his running as me (damn genetics). Hopefully he gave some of his quick genes to the girls. Everly had a bit of a meltdown due to shyness at the beginning of the kids run but finished strong and looked so cute running. My uncle helped sooo much with all of the little babies so that we could run and my brother-in-law kept Aspen which helped a ton too. She made it easy for him though and slept almost the entire time we were gone! I don't really know how it happened exactly, but this family ended up with a lot of runners. My aunt and cousin have run several marathons. I have run one but many more of us have run half marathons and a lot of us run regularly. I don't think that is normal but I do think it is really cool. Here are some pictures from the morning:

Untitled Untitled
Nice cool morning!
 
Untitled
waiting for the start
Untitled
Pre-run group picture!
Untitled Untitled
My cousin sprinted at the end to beat our uncle and my awesome aunt on the right
Untitled Untitled
My sisters boyfriend on the left (who ran a 10k with me a few days before) and my uncle on the right.
Untitled Untitled
My uncle on the left and mom and cousin on the right
 
Untitled
Uncle Jack and the babies
Untitled
Kids run time
Untitled Untitled
So cute once she stopped freaking out.
Untitled
our runner family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...