Monday, June 16, 2014

Aspen's Nursery Inspiration

I am sure it is no surprise to parents of 2 or more children out there that we are not as on top of our nursery planning and decoration with baby #2 as we were with baby#1. It also probably doesn't help that we just moved too, but we actually are making some progress and do have ideas of what we want it to end up like. When deciding what to do with Aspen's nursery we knew we wanted more of a color scheme and less of a theme. We decided to go with coral, navy and gold. I liked that it was feminine but not too girly. Before we moved in to the new house we painted upstairs and that included one navy wall in the nursery. We will be using Everly's crib against that wall. We also took over an old dresser that was mine and my siblings when we were babies. Justin has sanded and painted it coral and just needs to finish it and put on the hardware which he spray painted gold. We will use this as her changing table. I plan to order some custom bedding for the crib and changing pad cover and hopefully we can just find/make some art and other decorations as we get closer to finished. Justin had also made Everly's mobile so the plan is that he will also make one for Aspen. I got lucky with such a creative/crafty/handy husband! I can't wait to see it all come together!

Nursery Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...