Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 27 Weeks


IMG_6730[1]
Today marks 3 months from my due date and tomorrow I will be 27 weeks pregnant. Next week I will be entering my 3rd trimester and seeing the doctor every other week! This week I had my glucose test and I also got my rhogam shot because my blood type is Rh negative. Everly came with me and I really love being able to take her with me to appointments. She is just so cute and makes the waits less boring. I normally don't take her to the sitter so I really love the little bit of extra time that we get on appointment days. I will probably jinx it but for a 2 1/2 year old she is really well behaved there while I am talking with the doctor. She loves playing her preschool matching games on the ipad. This week she wanted to get a band-aid just like me...haha.

So far everything has been smooth with the pregnancy. I mean I am gaining a lot of weight again, but I don't eat terribly and I exercise 5-6 days a week so I guess my body just likes to gain weight during pregnancy. For a while I was bummed about it, but ultimately I just want to have a healthy baby. My skin has not yet been as bad as it was last pregnancy and I am not swollen (yet) so that is good. I am still able to run, even if it is freakishly slow (I ran a 5k exactly a year ago at an 8:34 pace and now I run easily over an 11 minute mile). That is frustrating as well but I am trying to just be grateful that I am still able to run pain free. Don't get me wrong, it is uncomfortable at times, but not painful. Here are a few other updates:

IMG_6731[1]IMG_6736[1]

 
How far along? 27 weeks

How big is baby? Haven't had an ultrasound in a while. My What to Expect App says the baby is just over 2 lbs and the size of an eggplant.

Total weight gain/loss:  A lot. I don't know exactly.

Maternity clothes? Yes, but a lot of non-maternity too in larger sizes that I had from before. Lots of dresses.

Sleep: Mostly good but this week I have been having crazy dreams.

Best moment this week: taking Everly to the library near our new house. She said, "this is so much fun!"

Movement: Lots. She doesn't like it when I sit slightly hunched over at my desk so I lean back in my chair a lot, haha.

Food cravings:  Lately it has been lemonade. Probably because I can't have beer and want something for by the pool that isn't just water. I do get in all my necessary water though!

Food Aversions: None really. I pretty much eat everything obviously.

Gender: Girl

Labor Signs:  Not that I know of.

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Occasional heartburn which I never got with Everly and don't normally get when not pregnant so it is pretty annoying. Itchy skin. My feet have started to grow again. Not even necessarily swelling yet, but literally growing.

Belly Button in or out? I don't think mine will ever go out.


What I miss:  beer, fitting comfortably into clothes, being able to exercise at the same level/intensity as before I was pregnant, playing soccer and beer...again.

What I am looking forward to: seeing Everly meet Aspen. I need to record how she pronounces "Aspen." It is so nasal-y for some reason and hilarious.

Upcoming appointments/events:  I start bi-weekly appointments the middle of this month.

Milestones: got my maternity pictures taken last weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...