Monday, June 23, 2014

Saturday at Home

This past Saturday Justin had to work so I was trying to think of things to do with Everly. I didn't want to spend money but I didn't want her sitting at home doing nothing so I planned a fun filled morning at home. First, I got up early and ran a 5k while Ev was still sleeping. I wanted to run more but I was sore and didn't get up early enough to do more than that so a 5k it was. I just saw something about a lady who ran a half marathon at 38 weeks pregnant with her 10th kid (in under 2 hours). That's pretty crazy (and awesome) but considering I didn't do much exercise with my last pregnancy I am going to continue to be proud of the fact that I am still doing something at 29 weeks pregnant. After breakfast I set up Everly's easel outside for some painting time. She was very excited to paint so obviously we need to do it more often. While she was painting I drew some shapes in chalk on the back patio. Once done I asked her to step on/find certain shapes and colors. It didn't last terribly long, but it also was easy to do and if it got her to practice shapes for a few minutes than it was worth it. She just wanted to paint more so I let her. It started to get hot so we went for a morning swim. This summer she has been a little more scared of the water but we are making progress. She constantly thinks I am going to let her go despite the fact that she has a puddle jumper on. She did do a lot of jumping in to me though so that was good. She also said she wanted to go under but I think she regretted that right after it happened. Haha. After the pool we went back inside and made smoothies. I have tried making Everly smoothies for breakfast before and she didn't like it but this time she did. I am guessing it has to do with the fact that she helped me make it. We shared the smoothie, or juicy as Everly calls it and then headed upstairs to shower off the sunscreen. After shower-time we relaxed and watched a little Tinkerbell. Everly had said that it smelled like hot dogs when we were out back so we decided to get hot dogs at Freddy's for lunch. If the kid wants a hot dog, I am not going to turn down a trip to Freddy's. She almost fell asleep on the 3 minute drive to lunch but she woke up when we got there and was very excited. We had to do "cheers" with our drinks and our fries and she ate her entire hot dog. It was a really fun morning and I just love spending time with her. I know that it is going to be hard on maternity leave with a baby and a toddler, but I also think there is going to be a lot of fun in there too.
 
  IMG_7074
]
IMG_7078
Weird hound dogs in the background.
 
IMG_7083
 
IMG_7090IMG_7091
 
IMG_7103
We take a lot of selfies to send to Papa while he is at work.
IMG_7108IMG_7106

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...