Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day 2014

IMG_6871
I think we have been reflecting a little bit more on parenting recently since we are getting closer and closer to adding another baby to the mix. Last week I heard this story on NPR with a dad blogger from this blog. It was really interesting and he had some very interesting points about fatherhood. One of the things he said was that although dad's should be celebrated for doing their best, women have a big impact on fatherhood and that they shouldn't be putting fathers on a pedestal for doing mundane parenting tasks. I thought that was interesting because although I don't think that I say this all of the time to Justin, I know I often brag about how awesome my husband is to others, especially in the fatherhood department. I do want to celebrate him. He is a great father and husband. I actually sent him this article on buzzfeed yesterday about stupid things that husband's do and told him he actually only does like one of the things on there! Sometimes I don't really know how I got so lucky (I know a lot of not great fathers/husbands out there). Did I know he was going to be a great husband and a great father when we got married? Not that I can specifically recall, but I like to think that I just have good instincts and standards and that's how it worked out. Everly absolutely adores Justin. Just this morning she wanted him to help her get up on the potty and not me. If she wakes up and he is downstairs, she immediately asks, "where is papa?" Where some moms might get sad about that I really don't. I am glad that she loves him so much. It will be interesting when she has to share him with a new sister but I can't wait to see it. We are some lucky ladies to have such a great papa in our lives. We didn't do anything too crazy for father's day. I got him his knives sharpened and we went to breakfast with his sister's family. I also got to see my own father as we celebrated my nephew's 3rd birthday later that evening which was nice as well. It is really cute that even though Everly doesn't see her Grandpa nearly as much as her Grandma, she still gets really excited when he is coming over. Happy Father's Day to Justin and my Dad and all of the wonderful Dad's out there. We love you!

The moment he became a father.

 
 
IMG_6990

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...