Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Nursery Updates

We have made more progress on the nursery! Last week we bought some curtains at Target after I they discontinued the ones I wanted from Ikea. I like the ones we got from Target but the IKEA ones were just so cheap! Justin spray painted a black curtain rod gold and hung the curtains and I think it looks great. We don't even have curtains in our own room, but I just felt like that window looked weird without curtains and I love how the gold turned out too. I also made a lot of progress on a tassel garland that my sister helped me with. I am still going to fill it in more but it is a start. It is currently on the wall behind the crib but I am not 100% if I am going to keep it there. Justin finished making a mobile for Aspen and now that it is hung I don't know if the tassel looks so good behind the crib. The mobile is super cute and to be honest, it is similar to a lot of items I liked on Etsy but just didn't want to spend the money on. Justin spent like $3 on the supplies to make this! I know, I am very lucky that my husband is both handy and crafty. He had also made a mobile for Everly's nursery so it was nice for him to do the same for Aspen as well. We are well aware she is going to get a lot of hand-me-downs and what not, so it is nice when we can try to do some special individual things for her as well. Here are some pictures:

IMG_8357
 
IMG_8322
 
IMG_8360
 
IMG_8359

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...