Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Baby Milestone: Solid Foods

This past weekend we started Aspen on her first taste of solid foods. Up until this point she has had nothing but breast milk. I have been fortunate enough to not need to supplement with formula or anything. We started her on a little bit of soft boiled egg yolk. She actually did pretty good. I would say much better than we started Everly on rice cereal at 4 months. She is still learning how to swallow it, but she is definitely not fighting the process. Some of it dribbles out but she is definitely interested and tries to grab/bite the spoon. Next I plan to try some avocado followed by some veggie purees and then some fruit. I will most likely make all of it because I like making it and it is generally cheaper and surprisingly easy. Plus we already have all of the storage containers from making Everly's baby food. It's a mix of exciting to start something new with her and sadness that she is getting bigger. Can't believe she is almost 6 months old!




IMG_4726 IMG_4719 IMG_4785

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...