Monday, March 9, 2015

Run to Fight Cancer

This past Saturday I ran my fastest race since having Aspen. I ran a 10k in the Run to Fight Cancer which is held on/around the campus of my sister's college. First of all, it benefits the fight against childhood cancer which scares the crap out of me so I am glad to support that. It is also awesome that it is held at Grand Canyon University where my little sister lives/attends school/plays soccer. We actually went up into her dorm before the race and she cheered us on at the halfway point during the run. Her and I actually did this run 2 years ago before she had started college. I did not run it this year as fast as I did that year, but I am actually still really happy with my results. My watch gave me an even 9:00 pace for the 10k but my first and last mile were actually under 9 minutes which is huge for me. At least, since my second pregnancy it is. I have yet to get back to the speed that I was at before getting pregnant with Aspen but this was a big step in that direction. I pushed myself to finish strong and I felt good. I wasn't even sore or anything the next day. The weather was also great so that helped! My sister, sister-in-law, and friend also ran the 10k and my other sister-in-law ran her first 5k. I remember running in the first race I ever really trained for and so I am really proud of her and hope she feels really awesome. It was a great start to the weekend!


IMG_4733
The 10k group
IMG_4714 IMG_4715
My pace and this card about an upcoming ice cream run was on my sister's car when we finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...