Monday, March 9, 2015

Run to Fight Cancer

This past Saturday I ran my fastest race since having Aspen. I ran a 10k in the Run to Fight Cancer which is held on/around the campus of my sister's college. First of all, it benefits the fight against childhood cancer which scares the crap out of me so I am glad to support that. It is also awesome that it is held at Grand Canyon University where my little sister lives/attends school/plays soccer. We actually went up into her dorm before the race and she cheered us on at the halfway point during the run. Her and I actually did this run 2 years ago before she had started college. I did not run it this year as fast as I did that year, but I am actually still really happy with my results. My watch gave me an even 9:00 pace for the 10k but my first and last mile were actually under 9 minutes which is huge for me. At least, since my second pregnancy it is. I have yet to get back to the speed that I was at before getting pregnant with Aspen but this was a big step in that direction. I pushed myself to finish strong and I felt good. I wasn't even sore or anything the next day. The weather was also great so that helped! My sister, sister-in-law, and friend also ran the 10k and my other sister-in-law ran her first 5k. I remember running in the first race I ever really trained for and so I am really proud of her and hope she feels really awesome. It was a great start to the weekend!


IMG_4733
The 10k group
IMG_4714 IMG_4715
My pace and this card about an upcoming ice cream run was on my sister's car when we finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illumination AZ

Monday night we went to Illumination AZ  up off of the 17 and Jomax. It is the first year for this event so it was new to us. We went after ...