Friday, July 25, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 34 Weeks

IMG_7911[1]
 
How far along? 34 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a pineapple!

Total weight gain/loss:  A lot. I have come to accept that I am just one of those people that gains a lot of weight during pregnancy. I am not perfect, but I am healthy, and active, and it does no good for anyone to obsess about the scale.

Maternity clothes? Yes, but a lot of non-maternity too in larger sizes that I had from before. Lots of dresses. At this point my favorite are my old navy maternity tanks. I can wear them to work with a cardigan and I can also workout with them and not worry about my belly peaking out.

Sleep: Mostly good. Cat is still a jerk and he actually bit my toe this week.

Best moment this week: I finally nailed down my decisions and ordered the bedding for Aspen's nursery. Also, Everly moved out of the toddler-converted crib and into her own twin size bed...so I feel I must include this song...haha.





Movement: Lots. Nothing painful, but usually pretty uncomfortable unless I am laying down on my side.

Food cravings:  The usual carbs, but I guess I should also include fish tacos. We have added those to our rotation of weeknight meals and I have been enjoying it.

Food Aversions: None really. I pretty much eat everything, obviously.

Gender: Girl

Labor Signs:  Not that I know of.

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Nothing new at this point...and my skin has still not gotten remotely close to what it was with Everly so that is a bonus!

Belly Button in or out? In. I don't think mine will ever go out.


What I miss:  same stuff still: beer, fitting comfortably into clothes, being able to exercise at the same level/intensity as before I was pregnant, playing soccer and beer...again.

What I am looking forward to: maternity leave. I know it is not going to be a walk in the park but I have not taken time off basically this whole pregnancy to save up for my leave so yea, I am looking forward to 3 months away from the office. I am lucky that I like my job, but still 3 months at home will be nice.

Upcoming appointments/events:  I have an appointment next Tuesday and then every week after that through September 3rd for now (due Sept. 5th).

Milestones: Still wearing my wedding rings and no noticeable swelling. Although, I am not too worried for once I do start swelling a little more because I am reading Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way and it mentioned that a slight amount of water retention is actually beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...