Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014: Christmas Eve

I am breaking my Christmas posts up because there is just too much to share. While like usual, things didn't go exactly liked I had hoped, we really did have a great Christmas and I am very thankful for everything we have. I worked on Christmas Eve and got out at about 3. I headed home to feed my dogs and then I was meeting the rest of my family at church for Christmas Eve Mass at 4 p.m. We always go to Christmas Eve mass but this was our first time at this church (by my new house) and this was also the earliest we have gone in a while. It was SUPER PACKED and it is a huge church so that means a ton of cars and people. It can be very stressful, however, all of the kids actually did really well. After mass we took some pictures at church and then headed to my sisters/moms. Growing up we always opened presents from aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents on Christmas Eve and so we continue that tradition with lots of appetizers as well instead of a big dinner. We save the big dinner for Christmas night. Everly loved her gifts, especially the scooter from Grandma. I got the boys a kitchen and I hope they get a lot of use out of it. Everly loved her Christmas dress that my mom bought her and wouldn't put on her Christmas jammies, so I guess at least she didn't hate her dress. Aspen got lots of cute clothes and it was a really fun night. I think I like Christmas Eve the most!

IMG_3059
The whole group minus my brother
 
IMG_3050 IMG_3064 IMG_3067 IMG_3080
IMG_3084
Our little family
 
IMG_3092 IMG_3082
 
Ev and Teddy and Grandma with her granddaughters
 
 
IMG_3096
yum!
IMG_3109 IMG_3101 IMG_3105 IMG_3110
 
We couldn't forget to put out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for his reindeer when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...