Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. For the 3rd year in a row we started the day off with a 5-mile run. Even Justin ran 5-miles at home before I left to run with my sisters. After the run we had a French toast breakfast at my sister's house. One of my sister's gave me a manicure and the other one took my kid to the park to play. The kids also created turkey hands with paint and we hung them on the wall next to all of the things everyone is thankful for. We looked through black Friday ads and relaxed throughout the day. Dinner was very yummy and Teddy and Everly ate at the table with us. I think we need to get them their own toddler table though. Cam did great as well and ate all the food we ate. He also loved his pumpkin pie grandma made him. After dinner but before dessert we ran to Target for a few early black Friday specials. The next morning Justin went to home depot at like 4 AM to get us a black Friday Christmas Tree deal because our old tree is too tall for our new living room. When he got back I met my sisters at like 6:30 AM for some shopping with baby Aspen. She loved being worn in the baby bjorn by Grandma. I didn't get anything big this year but I did get a trampoline for a great price for Teddy's birthday and some little things for Everly to open. My mom also got Aspen a play mat which she needed and loves. We didn't wait to give it to her and she loves it and we love that, too! We also got the Costco Cookbook and I enjoyed looking through that while enjoying my leftovers on Black Friday. It was kind of an exhausting weekend but filled with fun for sure!

IMG_2039
morning run: check!
IMG_2045
our two cuties in their thanksgiving shirts
IMG_0872 IMG_2056
IMG_2055 IMG_2062
 
IMG_2060
The thankful wall
IMG_2059
Watching grandma make mashed potatoes.
IMG_2065
Thanks for the manicure Krystyn!
IMG_2070
Our crew (missing Alex in Mexico, though)
IMG_2084
cutest shopping buddy!
IMG_2085
Grandma's favorite...for a few more months, at least!
IMG_2086
leftovers and the Costco cookbook!
IMG_2087
Auntie Katy does this a lot.
IMG_2092
A little shopping with Ev later in the afternoon. She turned socks into a scarf...so inventive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...