Friday, December 12, 2014

First Day of School/DayCare

Last week I went back to work as my 12-weeks of maternity leave ended. I could write a whole book about that, but at the end of the day, I am grateful for my job and I like my job and I think we are really going to love the daycare and preschool that the girls started going to. They went for their 1st day last Friday and then they have been off all week with Justin because we are actually in Disneyland today, but they will be back full time starting next week. It was a slightly hectic drop off as both of us had to go to work and it was pretty early in the morning. Also, I am kind of bummed that I didn't get a better picture of Everly since this is her first time in pre-school but I think I might try to recreate it next week, haha. Overall, both girls did pretty well. Neither had absolutely any problem with us leaving them. Everly was probably too excited to be eating breakfast at a little table with little chairs "just for her." Apsen obviously doesn't know better, yet. Aspen was a little fussy when I picked her up but it had been a couple days since she had a #2 so I am sure that was upsetting her. Also, she didn't nap great (lots of little cat naps) so I think that will just take some getting used to the different environment. Everly had a couple of accidents, but part of that is due to a lack of communication. She ate a tuna salad sandwich for lunch (which we never have) so I was pretty proud of her. She told my sister that she had so much fun, so we really can't ask for anything better. It was a little sad dropping them off, but we are not the first kids to send our kids to daycare so I know we will be just fine. Even just driving by the building today Everly yelled, "that's my school!" Hopefully things continue to go smoothly for everyone!

IMG_2272
 
IMG_2268 IMG_2270 IMG_2271 IMG_2280

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...