Monday, December 15, 2014

The Great Cookie Extravaganza

Every year after thanksgiving my sisters, mom, and I make a ridiculous amount of Christmas Cookies. We bake several different kinds and then freeze them so we can bring them out for Christmas and bring them over to other Christmas parties. They actually freeze really well and thaw very easily and my sister has a big deep freezer that we keep them in. Some of the ones we always make are Peanut Butter Kisses, Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Gingerbread, Snickerdoodle, and Chocolate Crinkles. We also have done chocolate chip, shortbread, thumbprints, peanut butter cup cookies, and red velvet crinkles. I think this year we are adding oatmeal because Cam likes that. We always end up taking all day to bake and by the end no one wants to decorate so this year we baked some on our own and spent almost a whole day just doing sugar cookies. It was still exhausting because there are just so many cookies. We have like no extra room in the freezer. This year my sister started a new tradition of personalizing cookies for everyone. She did some stockings and wreaths and some Mickey's for the kids since we made these right before our trip to Disneyland. I was so busy rolling and baking that I actually didn't even snack on much so I can't wait until we start busting them out and eating them!

IMG_2305
Alex helped entertain the toddlers and keep them away from the oven. Him and Katy even took them to the park.
IMG_2298
Gingerbread men
IMG_2307 IMG_2324
Our littlest helper
 
IMG_2306
my sister realized after we forgot to make one for our brother...oops.
IMG_2408
Grandma and her babies
IMG_2407
Brother made it in this time
IMG_2311
We joked that we needed to put the cookies in this size tub...but seriously, we could have filled it.
IMG_2313
so many cookies
IMG_2314 IMG_2318

Evie even got to decorate when she woke up from naptime but she really just wanted to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...