Friday, December 9, 2016

Hot Chocolate Run 2016

This past Sunday my sister and I ran in our 3rd Hot Chocolate Run in Scottsdale. We ran our first one 5 years ago and have been doing it every other year since. The entrance fee is kind of pricey but you do get a nice jacket and some yummy chocolate after the race. Also, it is one of the only 15k races out there. They also have a 5k but I would never spend that much for such a short race. The 15k is good because it is not as demanding as a half but more challenging then a 5 or 10k. Also, it is a great, easy and flat course. The weather was perfect on Sunday which helped as well. Our first Hot Chocolate run is HERE and our run from 2 years ago is HERE. The first time we did this run it was our first distance race. I had never run more than 4 miles before deciding to train for it with my sisters 5 years ago. Then two years ago I was 3 months post-partum and still nursing and my sister was also pregnant. It was nice this time to really push myself and I ran it at an 8:30 pace which was my best yet by more than a minute/mile. I finished 25th out of the 305 women in my age group so I am very happy with that and couldn't have asked for a better day!

Untitled
Pretty big crowd. Over 3k runners in the 15k
Untitled
Untitled Untitled
Staying warm before the race
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Sharing my chocolate bowl with Mae
Untitled
Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...