Monday, December 12, 2016

The Great Cookie Extravaganza 2016

This past weekend we had our annual cookie baking day. It showed up in my timehop yesterday that I posted about the cookie extravaganza 7 years ago, so we have been doing this awhile! My post from last year is HERE and the year before is HERE. I actually went over to my sister's house on Friday night and made some dough for the peanut butter kisses so that we would be able to start right away Saturday morning. I literally spent 12 hours straight at my sister's baking and decorating cookies. We tried a new recipe this year for Funfetti Shortbread Bites and they turned out really good. Like dangerously addicting good. We made sooooo many cookies and I still need to make snickerdoodle and my sister needs to make chocolate chip. My sister has a deep freezer full of frozen cookies at her house! I know it seems ridiculous, but we all use these cookies for holiday parties and for gatherings throughout the month. They freeze really well, too. I actually only ate maybe 3 cookies all day long which is kind of nuts, but don't worry there are plenty more for me to eat!

Untitled Untitled
Aspen looooooves cookies.
Untitled Untitled
Shortbread bites and peanut butter kisses
Untitled Untitled
Gingerbread and sugar cutouts
Untitled Untitled
If you take a phone break, Everly will use Hershey kisses to decorate her cookie
Untitled
Such a mess!
Untitled Untitled
We even got Alex and Kory to decorate some. I made the family ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...