Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Carly's Birthday/Tour de Tavern

My sister-in-law Carly's birthday was yesterday but we celebrated on Saturday by doing a Tour de Tavern. The tickets cost $25/person on groupon and we met up at Brat Haus in Old Town Scottsdale. We started at 1:00 and thankfully it was not terribly hot, but soon it will be. I think it would be fun at night too. We got a beer and pretzel at Brat Haus before getting on the bike. The bike has a small motor, but for the most part it is completely powered by everyone pedaling.  There was 10 of us on the tour but the bikes can fit up to 15 people. You can also pick where you want to go and we ended up going to Kelly's, Gilligin's, and the Coach House. We even managed to catch the derby while we were at the last bar. You don't spend a ton of time at any one place and most places have either really cheap drinks or drink specials for tour riders. I had a lot of fun and I actually only had 2 beers at the beginning because I was driving and nursing later. Since Carly's birthday is actually May 4th she handed out the cutest "May the 4th be with you" gift bags. My mom was kind enough to watch the girls for Justin and I and even brought them to Justin's sister's house after we were done with the tour. Everyone hung out there after and ate and watched the boxing fight. We actually left before the fight because the babies would not last that late but the whole day was a lot of fun. Sometimes I am hesitant to do things like this because I miss my girls and the weekend is the time I get to spend with them, but I knew I would have fun and I did! It is always a blast hanging out with this group and nice for Justin and I to get some kid-free time, too!

IMG_6606
From left to right: Carly, Berkley, Stephanie, Jim, Mark, Vicki, Justin, Me, Ashley, and Marsetta
IMG_6605 IMG_6614
Mark got a big beer at Brat Haus when we only had 5 minutes to drink it and Justin putting at Kelly's.
IMG_6616
the cutest gift bags. I downed those pretzels!
IMG_6621
The ladies (minus me as I took this pic and stopped drinking) at Gilligin's.
IMG_6625
Justin and Stephanie
IMG_6615
Happy Birthday Carly!
IMG_6609
soccer thighs make good pedal pushers!
IMG_6633
Mark knew this lady who we saw while waiting at a stop light. She owns a husker store and also has a dachshund.
IMG_6646
Mark and Ashley getting into the derby!
IMG_6637
the whole group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...