Monday, January 9, 2017

Zoo Trip

I had last Friday off from work and it was Everly's last day of winter break so we took advantage of our zoo membership and headed to the zoo. I normally go super early but I let the girls sleep in so we didn't get there nearly as early as we usually do. It was busy, but not bad at all and the weather was great. The girls wanted to see the orangutans so we headed there first. Everly is obsessed with learning there names. After that we headed to see the Rhino (who we sadly found out was euthanized months ago). Everly did get to go on the polar slide though which wasn't open yet when we went to zoo lights. It is a pretty tall climb and she did it all by herself so I was proud of her. We ended up walking by the giraffe's while they were doing the feeding so we ended up doing that as well. I was surprised at how Aspen was not scared to feed the giraffe the lettuce. They are such insane animals so it is always cool to get up and see them so close. We also watched a little bit of a live animal show before heading home for lunch. I know we go to the zoo a lot (and I never cared about the Zoo before I had kids) but they always have fun and we always see something different so I love it. Also, since we are already Zoo members, it is free which I also love. Aspen definitely passed out on the way home so it was a morning well spent!

Untitled
Checking out the Komodo Dragon
Untitled Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
R.I.P. Half Ear
Untitled Untitled

Untitled
love that little face
Untitled
great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend in Review

Summer is basically here and we are already in full on pool season. On Friday I had the day off so I spent some time with Aspen and took he...